Mondo Eatery

February 08, 2011
I've eaten at the burger bar adjacent to the restaurant and found the food pretty good, so I expected the same quality of food at the restaurant. I wasn't disappointed, but I wasn't impressed either. Service was very slow since there seemed to be only one waitress serving all the tables. We had to wait almost 45 minutes for our food. We ordered 3 entrees to share. The lamb tagine ($18) came on a bed of couscous. The stewed meat was very tender, but the lack of other ingredients made the dish rather unexciting.


The caramel chicken ($17) looked and tasted like a sweet and sour Chinese stir-fried dish. Although it was good, I can't imagine how anyone could eat the whole thing without a side of rice or pasta. Luckily we had couscous from the lamb tagine to go with the chicken.


The moules frites ($16) was not bad, but the mussels were not very juicy because they were so tiny.


I liked the fries though; they were just like the fries I had at the burger bar.


All of the dishes were brought out with this big red lid on... to keep them hot I suppose? It worked though. Everything was served piping hot.


The food was decent and service was friendly despite being slow. But I'm not convinced to come back for another visit.

Mondo Roadside Eatery on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. oh, the hat/big red lid looks like the lid they use in African cuisine to cook the dishes (http://www.superstock.co.uk/stock-photos-images/1898-14430). The shape of the lid is supposed to change the way the heat and steam circulates and cooks the food.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.